It’s summer time and that means…
Many of what I include below are event specific as particular colors, tastes and ingredients appeal to different individuals or parties. I advise you to take these notes into consideration when planning your menus!
- For many guests, bite size portions are best
- For day parties, choose a refreshing option
- Pops with alcohol are best for adult-only parties so as to avoid disaster
- The yoghurt and dark red or chocolate colored pops are great for intimate and romantic gatherings, while the green pops are more flirty and fun
- Popsicles tend to make a mess, so be sure to shop for napkins as well in a similar color scheme
After scouring my sources, I compiled the best approachable and savory recipes below. Just click on a picture and it will bring you to a sunny seaside state of mind!
For the morning sweet and cool treat, water melon & mint
Another beautiful idea that is perfect for adults and children alike. The Kiwi pop!
As the day goes on, it is a good idea to jump into the more sugary pops. Below are two delicious examples:
Italian Ice Pops
Hot Cocoa Pops, including: Dark chocolate, Milk chocolate & peanut butter, White chocolate
And now for the adults!
I would also recommend using Stoli’s Jalapeño Vodka for your mixer to add extra flavor!
In order to make your pops as beautiful and pleasing as the pictures above, think about containers. Any ice cube tray (like below) are great for appetizer sizes. Search for the shape that fits your occasion!
Some extra tips:
- Most of the sites suggest covering your pops’ tops with tinfoil to assist freezing
- Don’t be discouraged if you need a few trial runs, each container you use will need different time and proportions of ingredients. I learned this the hard way while attempting to fill hollowed out, variably sized fruit with jello!
- Should you also be serving ice cream or gelato, look at how they serve the creamy dessert below. Ingenious! I cannot stand scooping ice cream!
Enjoy your sweets and please post your pictures here so we can see how it went!